Phil Yu has set out on his own five year mission. In 2020, the Star Trek fan — who blogs under the name Angry Asian Man — started his own podcast All the Asians on Star Trek where he, as the title says, plans to interview every Asian actor who has appeared on Star Trek. It’s a lofty goal, but Phil’s already made big strides, and this week on Star Trek: The Pod Directive he’s sitting down with Paul and Tawny to talk about his podcast, some of his favorite interviews, and the Next Generation episode that hits him in the feels every time.
Remember to subscribe to Star Trek: The Pod Directive and, if you like what you hear, leave us an Apple review.
Show Notes and Further Reading:
- Stephanie Marceau argues that Star Trek has always been a leader when it comes to diverse, onscreen representation.
- Mary Fan wrote about giving Harry Kim the appreciation he deserves.
- Jaime Woo writes about how Sulu helped him find pride in his own life.
- StarTrek.com spoke with Molly O'Brien actress Hana Hatae
- Alongside our AAPI cast, crew, and fans, Star Trek stands against racism and hate crimes.