The Star Trek Design Contest, spearheaded by Threadless, is underway now. The idea is for fans to turn Star Trek's most-iconic moments into original t-shirt designs. You're probably thinking, "Khaaaaaaaan!" or Tribbles or the Enterprise or the Vulcan split-fingered greeting -- and you're on the right track. Take a look at one of the cool designs already submitted:
Prizes will include:
- $2,000 cash
- $500 Threadless gift code
- Plus, anyone whose design is printed, including the grand prize winner, will receive up to $7 on each t-shirt of their design sold on Threadless.com.
And, yes, there are important rules, among them:
- Design must be orginal artwork.
- Characters from Star Trek may be used, but mashups, parodies or references to other characters are not allowed.
- No adult references (sex, drugs, alcohol, violence, profanity, gambling, etc.) will be allowed.
The contest will run through January 11th, 2016 until midnight US/Central time. Go to www.threadless.com to enter.