2023 Star Trek: Lower Decks Replicate Yourself Sweepstakes - Offical Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OR D.C., WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO A SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Administrator, Sponsor & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. (“CBSI”), 1401 W. Cypress Creed Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI
- Acceptance of Rules. By entering the "Star Trek: Lower Decks Replicate Yourself Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") operated on StarTrek.com, (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
No purchase, entry fee or use of a wireless device is necessary to enter or win. If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you access to the Internet, you may also enter this Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you chose to access this Sweepstakes via any of those wireless devices, you may be charged data rates in accordance to the Terms and Conditions of the Service Agreement with your carrier.
- Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of the United States or D,C. excludes residents of Puerto Rico and all the Territories and Possessions of the U.S.; (b) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry into this Sweepstakes. Employees, directors, and immediate family members of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and all the Territories and Possessions and where prohibited by law.
- Entering the Sweepstakes: To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, users need to: (i) access, during the Promotion Period, the Sweepstakes application found on the CBSI Service, accessible https://www.startrek.com/replicateyourself (ii) sign up for the Sweepstakes by providing your email address and country where you reside; (iii) agree to become a Registered User; (iv) agree to these Official Rules; and (v) hit the "Submit" button. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User" means a person who successfully completes the Sweepstakes entry form on the CBSI Service, including becoming a registered user of the StarTrek.com website and accepting receipt of the Star Trek Newsletters. There is no cost to register to the startrek.com website and/or to receive such newsletter(s), and participants can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter(s) at any time. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on November 9, 2023 at 12:00 noon Pacific Time (“PT”) and ending on November 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm PT (the "Promotion Period").
- Prize. The Prize consists of the inclusion of one (1) cartoon depiction of the winner likeness that will appear in a future episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks. The cartoon depiction will be created by an artist from the Show (see section 9 for details regarding release details). There is no approximate retail value on Prize.
- Prize Restrictions. Prize(s) is nontransferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner (as defined below). No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of any Prize or any portion of the Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
- Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The Prize drawing will take place on or about December 1, 2023 from all eligible entries received. The Prize drawing will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner (the "Winner") will be notified by email. Potential Winner will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. If no contact has been made with a potential Winner after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, Administrator will select an alternate potential Winner, as specified above. Administrator will select two (2) alternate Winner(s). If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt to the last alternate, such Prize shall not be awarded. Once the Winner has been cleared and declared the official Winner, the Winner must submit a photo of themselves in order for CBSI to fulfill the Prize. Only the Winner can appear in such photo and the photo is subject to the following criteria: the photo must not be disparaging, abusive, sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, indecent, in bad taste, reflect negatively on the Sweepstakes Entities, promote or incite violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or be otherwise objectionable (all as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion)
- Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: The Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, a photo/image release for the use of the Winner’s image to fulfill the Prize (such release shall include a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish/use the Winner’s image as part of the fulfillment of the Prize on the CBSI Service and/or as part of the creative materials used in the production of the Show, at Contest Entities sole and exclusive discretion, with no compensation to you other than bragging rights and getting the cartoon sketch version of your image published on the CBSI Service and/or as part of the creative materials used in an episode of the Show. Administrator reserves the right to reproduce the the image in full or edit and enhance the image at their discretion. Administrator is authorized to use the Winner’s image as they see fit, including usage in advertising. Winner’s photograph will not be returned. Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced photo; photo must be of Winner only), collectively, the "Release Forms”. Winner may be required to submit a W-9 tax form within two (2) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification(s) is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
- Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize, if the Winner engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winner agrees that Administrator may void a Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of a Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse, such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
- Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
- Damaged Property. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(s) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
- Prize and Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
- Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim, arising out of, or relating to, these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to the conflict of laws and rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the federal and/or state courts of the State of California, San Francisco County.
- Winner's List/Official Rules. For the names of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt December 15, 2023 to "Winner's List, Star Trek: Lower Decks Replicate Yourself Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Sports, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules, Star Trek: Lower Decks Replicate Yourself Sweepstakes " for receipt by December 15, 2023. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope. The name of the Winners may be posted, and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.