Star Trek Online: Season 13 – Escalation is available now on PC and will arrive at a later date on Xbox One and PlayStation4, it was announced by Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios. The latest season of STO introduces brand-new episodic content and gameplay features to the 100% free-to-play MMORPG based on the Trek franchise. This encompasses a new featured episode continuing the Tzenkethi War story arc, improvements to matchmaking and a new War Games system that enables players to team up in competitive PvE and PvP scenarios.
Check out the new trailer for Season 13 – Escalation:
The war against the Tzenkethi rages on with the arrival of Season 13 – Escalation. The mission begins as captains accompany Captain Kuumaarke and the Lukari on a journey to their former home planet, New Kentar. Their exploration into the past is interrupted by the Tzenkethi, who threaten to destroy everything the Kentari have built for themselves. These events all take place in the new featured episode “Mirrors and Smoke,” which is now available with today’s update.
Season 13 – Escalation also marks the debut of War Games. This new system offers Star Trek Online captains new ways to compete with one another by pitting two teams of five players against each other in competitive PvE and PvP scenarios. Players join forces to solve puzzles and race through the galaxy earning valuable rewards, including class-specific ships and captain gear. To optimize this new type of queue, a new Player Potential System has also been introduced to match players of similar skill. Learn more about these features and other content introduced with Season 13 below:
- New Featured Episode – In the new episode, “Mirrors and Smoke,” captains will travel with the Lukari to New Kentar and defend the planet from the Tzenkethi.
- War Games System – Season 13 marks the debut of War Games, three new competitive PvE and PvP scenarios which pit two teams of five players against each other for rewards.
- “Core Assault” – A space-based 5v5 Convergence-class scenario, where two flights of captains compete to cross the finish line in a space station based in the Adelphous System.
- “Twin Tribulations” – A space-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class scenario which allows two teams to race through a holo-constructed version of the space station in the Omega Leonis System.
- “Binary Circuit” – A ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class scenario where captains will solve puzzles and complete various challenges in a Borg Co-operative Cube.]
- Rebalance Pass – A full rebalance pass has been made to ground and space combat to ensure that no matter what choice captains make when outfitting their skills or ship, it isn’t a wrong one.
- Player Potential System – Matchmaking for PvP in Star Trek Online has been improved with the new Player Potential System, which evaluates players based on various factors, such as their characters’ equipment, specialization and participation in competitive matches.
- New Reputation – Captains who participate in Season 13’s War Games queues will be rewarded with new Competitive Marks and Assessed Stratagems. These items can be submitted for Reputation XP, class-specific starships and high-quality captain gear.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. In Star Trek Online, players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com.