STAR TREK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCEPT THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM AND GERMANY, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCEPT THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM AND GERMANY AT TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Star Trek Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (except the Province of Quebec), The United Kingdom and Germany who are 18 years of age and older or the age of majority in their place of residence, who are physically located and reside in the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, Canada (except the province of Quebec), The United Kingdom and Germany at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of CBS Consumer Products, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial, and municipal laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on November 14, 2011 and ends 10:00:00 AM ET on November 29, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to http://www.startrek.com/forum/topic/id/33350194 and login to StarTrek.com with your username and password. If you do not already have an account on StarTrek.com, you can create one by clicking Join StarTrek.com and completing the registration form. Then, post an answer to the question: “Which Klingon character reflects your personality?” Entries must be received by 10:00:00 AM ET on November 29, 2011 in order to be eligible. Limit one entry per person/Username/per day. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/Username on the same day will be void. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be inappropriate or offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry, proper names, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including, but not limited to, the internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Username from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Username associated with StarTrek.com. The promotional Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO REMOVE ANY ENTRY POSTED TO THE WEBSITE THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. IF ENTRY IS REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE BY SPONSOR, ENTRY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRIES SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ANY AND ALL ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, IN PERPETUITY, WORLDWIDE, IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 12:00 PM ET on November 30, 2011 from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, in Melville, NY. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail and/or telephone on or about November 30, 2011. Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to verify their mailing address within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize. As a condition for receiving the prize, if winner is a resident of Canada he/she will be required to correctly answer (unaided) a time-limited mathematical skill-test question. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Claimed prize will be awarded.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: Monopoly: Star Trek Klingon Limited Edition the #1701. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $49.95 USD. Any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. If winner is 18 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME PROVINCES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after December 31, 2011, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2011 to: Star Trek Sweepstakes Winner, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997. Residents of Canada may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is CBS Consumer Products, Inc., 1675 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2011 Tenthwapve Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.