- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Aircraft test pilot on planet Earth, the first human to fly faster than the speed of sound. Yeager accomplished this feat on October 14, 1947, in a rocket-powered craft called the Glamorous Glennis. Geordi La Forge likened Dr. Ja'Dar's revolutionary soliton wave rider experiment in 2368 to Yeager's historic achievement.
The Saber-class Federation starship U.S.S. Yeager, which fought in the Borg incursion of 2373, was named after him. He is also the namesake of the "Yeager Loop," an aerobatic maneuver sometimes used by Starfleet Academy cadets to show off.
His full name is Charles Elwood Yeager, and he was born February 12, 1923 in Myra, West Virginia.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products