- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Aircraft test pilot on planet Earth, the first human to fly faster than the speed of sound. Yeager accomplished this feat on October 14, 1947, in a rocket-powered craft called the Glamorous Glennis. Geordi La Forge likened Dr. Ja'Dar's revolutionary soliton wave rider experiment in 2368 to Yeager's historic achievement.
The Saber-class Federation starship U.S.S. Yeager, which fought in the Borg incursion of 2373, was named after him. He is also the namesake of the "Yeager Loop," an aerobatic maneuver sometimes used by Starfleet Academy cadets to show off.
His full name is Charles Elwood Yeager, and he was born February 12, 1923 in Myra, West Virginia.
You May LikeGo to the Shop
Related News Articles
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- Expanded "Best of Both Worlds" Soundtrack CD Available This Month