- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The principal fabric from which Starfleet uniforms are made in the late 23rd century, xenylon is synthesized from algae. When spiroid energy waves in the Cepheus system caused all organic matter aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise to begin shrinking on stardate 5577.3 (2269), the algae-based synthetic fibers in the crew's uniforms shrank along with the crewmembers inside them.