- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
When the U.S.S. Enterprise was bombarded by a strange form of radiation on stardate 5577.3 (2269) near the star Cepheus, Spock at first described this energy as harmless "X-waves." But when the entire crew began shrinking as a consequence of this radiation exposure, it quickly became apparent that the harmless "X-waves" were actually highly dangerous spiroid epsilon waves.