- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A stable wormhole permanently providing a shortcut between areas is almost unheard of-they normally open and close in seconds-so the one near Barzan II attracts several bidders until it is found to be normal and unpredictable. The Barzan side's entrance appears every 233 minutes (time scale unknown), due to radiation buildup in its accretion disc, and the visible burst is very brief. Opaque and spherical when viewed head-on and tenuously bluish, it has a black interior and a spinning glittering corridor; weaponry such as Ferengi missiles don't affect it. A primitive Barzan probe had revealed the other side as the Gamma quadrant, a century's travel away even at Warp 9, but Chief Engineer LaForge and Lieutenant Commander Data emerge to find themselves 200 light-years from that spot, in the Delta quadrant. When the unstable end departs, subatomic meson and lepton activity increases, as does gravitational acceleration.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: TNG-themed iPhone Cases from PowerA
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...