- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Michael Westmore is the primary make-up supervisor and designer for all of the current Star Trek series as well as a number of feature films and television shows. A winner of several Academy and Emmy Nominations and Awards, Westmore has created some of the most intriguing looking characters in the universe.
After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, Westmore began his career as a make-up artist for Universal Studios in 1961. After only three years, Universal promoted Westmore to Assistant Department Head of Make-Up. Soon after, through the 1970's and 1980's, Westmore became a freelance make-up artist working on several feature films and television series. His many film credits include work on the first three "Rocky" films, "Raging Bull," "2010," "Clan of the Cave Bear," "Project X," and "Mask," which won him his first Academy Award.
In 1986, Westmore was hired by Paramount Pictures as a Make-up Supervisor and Designer where he was put in charge of the make-up for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Westmore worked on a variety of television series and movies during this period accumulating some 30 Emmy nominations in the process.
Westmore has written several books on make-up design and his works have been featured in a numerous museum exhibits including a special exhibit at the California Museum of Science and Industry.
Westmore's research includes five years on the use of therapeutic cosmetic aids to normalize the reflective and self-image of individuals who have been severely scarred due to accidents, facial cancer excisions, cleft lip repair, birthmarks and other skin discolorations. This work has been done in conjunction with plastic surgeons world-wide.
Westmore is best known for creating the magnificent aliens seen on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager, as well as the latest peek into the future, Enterprise. Westmore frequently speaks to fans at conventions around the country, as his schedule permits.
Related News Articles
- Doug Drexler Talks About The Fall
- FIRST LOOK: The Next Generation & Deep Space Nine Mini-Series
- FIRST LOOK: TNG-themed iPhone Cases from PowerA
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon