- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
An Intrepid-class vessel capable of holding 200 crew members, the U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656 is one of the fastest and most powerful starships in Starfleet.
Although only 345 meters long, about half the size of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D, Voyager is more technologically advanced than previous Starfleet vessels. Superbly equipped for exploration and research, Voyager has an equally impressive array of defensive and offensive weapons, making it ready for action.
The U.S.S. Voyager is the second of only four Intrepid-class starships built by Starfleet to date, launched in 2371 on stardate 48038.5.
On stardate 48307.5, Voyager was propelled over 70,000 light-years into the Delta Quadrant from the Badlands area near Deep Space Nine by an extragalactic alien dubbed "Caretaker." The alien had been searching the galaxy for a compatible life-form with which to procreate.
Voyager's assigned first officer Cavitt, helmsman Stadi, chief engineer, and doctor and nurse were killed in the transfer as well as a transporter chief and other crewmembers. Its original short mission did not call for a counselor to be assigned.
Voyager is currently en route from the Delta Quadrant to Federation space. At maximum speed, however, the journey may take up to 70 years.
Voyager's folding wing-and-nacelle warp drive system allows the starship to exceed the warp 5 "speed limit" without polluting the space continuum. Voyager can reach a speed of warp 9.975, but only for short periods.
Its EPS system and back-up have been totally modified to employ Enaran power-conservation technology and power relays on some decks now employ Borg technology.
It carried 152 people as of SD 48975.1 and Chakotay doesn't believe it can be operated with less than 100.
Related News Articles
- Paris Themmen: From Willy Wonka To Voyager
- Poll Says Trek Captain With The Best Hair Is...
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- IBM Creates World's Smallest Movie And ST Pics... Using Atoms
- StarTrek.com Talks To Star Trek Craft Book Author Angie Pedersen