- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The upgraded cruiser echoes traditional Klingon battle cruiser design, with the noted development of a new foredeck protrusion and, reflecting newly shared technology with the Federation, warp nacelles that more closely resemble Starfleet designs.
On Stardate 44885.5, another attack cruiser decloaked to challenge the Enterprise-D, over the planet Krios, when Klingon Governor Vagh detected what he believed to be Starfleet armaments being sent directly to Kriosian rebels.