- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Prior to portraying Bones McCoy in 2009's alternate-reality Star Trek, Karl Urban was perhaps best known for his dynamic turn as Rohan warrior Eomer in the second and third installments of Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and for his chilling performance as a fellow assasin in The Bourne Supremacy.
Born in Wellington, New Zealand, Urban first appeared on television as a child. Throughout his school years he wrote, directed and starred in many film and stage productions. As a young adult he continued to pursue his acting career training and working throughout Australia and Asia in theater, film and television. Urban landed his feature film debut in Haven and garnered two Best Actor nominations at the New Zealand Film Awards for his work in The Satellite and the critically acclaimed indie film The Price of Milk. Urban won Best Actor at the Quantas Film Awards for his portrayal of Nick in Out of the Blue.
Since Star Trek, Urban has taken on the high-profile roles of the title character in Judge Dredd and teh reprise of his character Lord Vaako in the next Chronicles of Riddick sequel. He resides in his native New Zealand and is an avid supporter of KIDS CAN, an organization that feeds and clothes over 30,000 New Zealand children who live in poverty.
Related News Articles
- Greenwood Beaming Up For Multiple Conventions
- It's Enterprise vs. Enterprise in "I, Enterprise"
- FIRST LOOK: Official Starship Collection's Enterprise
- Star Trek Nominated For 5 Saturn Awards
- Karl Urban Set To Meet Fans
- Captain Jane Kirk & Her Enterprise Crew Return to Action
- FIRST LOOK: The Mirror, Cracked & Star Trek #33