- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Tholian vessels are wedge-shaped and are capable of traveling across and within interphasic space.
Tholian vessels, when working together, use a unique form of energy weapon to create a Tholian Web. More than one Tholian ship is required to spin this web, a web of energy in space, used to trap an enemy vessel. The more ships spinning the web, the faster the web is completed. After the web is drawn together, it constricts and finally destroys the vessel inside.
One ship snared in the web, a 23rd-Century starship called the U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764, was not destroyed. Rather, the starship found itself transported to a Mirror reality, circa the 22nd Century, via the web's seemingy "interphasic" properties.
Tholian ships are incredibly maneuverable vessels, and feature an aggressive armament of weapons. The U.S.S. Enterprise, under Captain Kirk's command, encountered two Tholian ships while investigating the Defiant's distress call. The Enterprise NX-01, under the command of Captain Archer, also encountered the Tholian's impressive -- if not mysterious -- design of space vessel.
Related News Articles
- Check Out New Enterprise Blu-ray Trailer
- Poll Reveals Changed Perception of Enterprise
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Now Available For All To See
- ThinkGeek Unveils Inflatable Captain's Chair
- The Drex Files - Ships Of The Line: Active Duty!
- First Look: 1701 Club For Trek Modeling Enthusiasts
- Michael A. Martin On The Romulan War And More, Part 2