- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Citizen of the time-displaced planet that the U.S.S. Voyager encountered in 2376. Jason—whose name was unusual on that world—lived in the Central Protectorate, and was apparently raised by Voyager's holographic Doctor (probably along with Mareeza, the Doctor's companion for three years while he was visiting the surface of the planet). Even though the Doctor was a hologram, he claimed that Jason was his "son" (it's a long story). When Gotana-Retz was preparing to return home after spending time on Voyager, the Doctor asked him a big favor: Find out what happened to Jason—who was probably dead by then—and tell his children or grandchildren about their holographic grandfather. Gotana-Retz promised he would.