- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A naturally occurring drug that can be found only in a few planets in the galaxy, including the Beta Canopus system. Strobolin is the only known cure for choriocytosis, a disease that is lethal to Vulcans. On stardate 6334.1 (2270), Captain James Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise arranged a three-ship rendezvous involving the U.S.S. Potemkin and the freighter S.S. Huron in order to obtain a small quantity of strobolin in time to save the life of his first officer, Commander Spock, who was dying from the effects of choriocytosis.