- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A force field used either to restrain objects, or to prevent their deterioration, as is sometimes done with medically critical patients. On stardate 7403.6 (2270), the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise detects a stasis field in operation on the surface of the aboriginal planet Delta Theta III, discovering only after a nearly disastrous encounter with that planet's primitive reptilian inhabitants that the field is actually a noncorporeal intelligence charged with taking care of the planet's native tribes. Although the entity is confused and angered by the unexpected presence of Starfleet personnel among her "children," she allows the Enterprise to retrieve its landing and rescue parties, and to depart in peace.