- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Spectre of the Gun
- Episode List
- Next Episode
Day of the Dove
- Previous Episode
Is There In Truth No Beauty?
Kirk ignores an alien buoy that warns the U.S.S. Enterprise that it is trespassing into Melkotian space and continues forward when the Melkots transport Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and Chekov to a recreation of Earth's wild west. Here their instruments will not function and they are forced to relive, in "a manner befitting their heritage for trespassing," the shoot-out in Tombstone, Arizona on October 26, 1881.
The U.S.S. Enterprise party is transported to the OK Corral, but as they will not fire on the "Earps," the gunfighters cannot hurt them. Chekov, in the role of Billy Claiborne, is killed and Spock realizes that these events are not really transpiring. Through a series of mind melds, Spock is able to reject the illusions of the hostiles enabling the crew to succeed without shooting at the others. The Melkots are impressed by the peaceful behavior of the U.S.S. Enterprise party and return them, including Chekov, who had been killed in an earlier altercation, to the U.S.S. Enterprise. The Melkots agree to establish contact with the Federation.
Related News Articles
- WATCH: Trek Interviews from The Archive of American Television
- Flashback Friday: George Takei Gets Animated
- FIRST LOOK: Mimoco's New Sulu Mimobot
- How 'Star Trek' Technology Works Infogram by Space.com
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 1
- FIRST LOOK: Deluxe Kirk and Spock Action Figures From Diamond Select Toys
- The Captains Mini-Series Debuts Tonight