- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A galactic power that held sway over virtually all sentient life in the Milky Way Galaxy approximately one billion years ago, the Slaver Empire and its subject races were wiped out in a colossal interstellar war. As a consequence of the rise and fall of the Slaver Empire, intelligent life had to re-evolve from scratch. By the twenty-third century, the only tangible remnants of the Slaver Empire that still exist are stasis boxes, devices used to store various objects — and in which time does not pass. A number of these boxes have been discovered by Federation scientists over the years; some of these highly prized rarities contained completely innocuous objects, while others bore weapons or other revolutionary high technology once used by the long-dead Slavers.