- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Origin: Shelia star system. A technological, non-humanoid life-form of classification R-3; in appearance, a wrap of black, mucous-secreting folds appearing as at least a head and gesturing upper appendages (not too unlike the look of the creature Armus on Vagra II). As a culture, they view humans as a lower life form and have no qualms about exterminating those legally in their way -- as with the unknowing human "trespassers" on Tau Cygna V. They have learned several United Federation of Planets (UFP) languages but still consider them imprecise. The Sheliak language continues to elude Federation linguists, and even telepaths have been of no help. In face-to-face dialogue with Captain Picard and Counselor Troi, the Sheliak ship director speaks English without apparent translation aids. His reception room is very large and open, perhaps indicating that space is not critical on the vessel.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TNG Guest Star Wendy Hughes, 1952-2014
- Poll Says Favorite Trek Supporting Character Is...
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman