- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Human scientist who in 2153 was part of a research team that discovered the debris of a spherical alien vessel in a glacier in Earth's Arctic Circle. Among the debris were corpses of two cybernetically enhanced humanoids, which somehow came back to life and abducted Rooney and her associates at the arctic camp, then stole their transport and modified it for higher warp speeds. Enterprise NX-01 was dispatched to intercept that transport, and discovered that Rooney and the others had themselves been transformed into cybernetic beings. Captain Archer's crew was unable to rescue them before destroying the transport, having determined they were no longer human anyway.