- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Andrew Jordt Robinson was born in New York on February 14, 1942. Robinson's career plans were journalism and teaching until a Fulbright acting scholarship gave him a year of study at the London Academy for Music and Dramatic Arts (LAMDA) and permanently changed his life.
During the 1960's and 1970's Robinson honed his craft in U.S. regional theater and on the New York stage, as both actor and playwright,. At the same time, he began capturing television roles. His 1971 portrayal of Dirty Harry's nemesis, the Scorpio Killer, left Robinson typecast and his film career at a standstill.
He continued theater and episodic television work, including a stint on Ryan's Hope (1977) with Kate Mulgrew, which earned him an Emmy nomination. Winning the L.A. Drama Ciritics Circle Best Actor Award in 1985 helped create casting opportunities in long-form television and movies.
Robinson's 1992 audition for the role of Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine resulted in being cast as the multi-layered Cardassian Elim Garak. In addition to his work as Garak, Robinson helped found (in 1993) The Matrix Theater Company in Los Angeles, directed episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, and, in 2000, authored "A Stitch in Time," a DS9 novel. In 2001, Robinson directed a highly acclaimed production of the Tony Award-winning play "Side Man" at the Pasadena Playhouse.
Andrew Robinson has been married since 1970 to Irene Robinson. They have a daughter, Rachel Robinson, who appeared in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "The Visitor." Irene has two sons from a previous marriage. The couple also have two grandchildren.
Related News Articles
- Trek Stars Collide In New Play
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?
- Remembering Prolific Trek Director Cliff Bole, 1937-2014
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 3
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 2
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 1
- FIRST LOOK: Next Ship Upcoming In Official Starships Collection