- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Reclusive archaeologist who spent five years studying the ruins on planet M-113 until his death in 2266. At about 2264, Professor Crater's wife, Nancy Crater, was killed by the last surviving native of the planet, a creature that thrived on salt. Crater could not bring himself to kill the creature in retaliation, and instead formed a symbiotic relationship whereby he would provide a steady supply of salt and the creature would use its hypnotic abilities to appear as Nancy and thus provide companionship. In 2266 the U.S.S. Enterprise arrived to deliver supplies, and Crater told Captain Kirk that all he needed were salt tablets, and that he wanted to be left alone. But when an Enterprise crew member died on the planet mysteriously, Crater and his "wife" were ordered to beam aboard the starship. This allowed the salt creature to be let loose on the ship and victimize more crew members for their body salt. Prof. Crater himself was killed in the ensuing chaos.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Shot Glasses for December
- One Trek Mind: Could The Vulcan Nerve Pinch Really Work?
- FIRST LOOK (AND HEAR): Vulcan Harp App for iPad
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Tees For December
- FIRST LOOK: Juan Ortiz Original Series Art Prints For December
- Bjo and John Trimble Remember Mark Lenard, Trek's Sarek
- Star Trek's Cyber Monday Deals