- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A bio-technology weapon utilized by the Xindi-Reptilians of the Delphic Expanse. It normally fires small yellow energy bolts, but can be modified to fire organic grenades. Two in-line "techno-larvae" inside act as the power cell by generating synaptic impulses to help modulate the output; a new "arvae" is squeezed out to replace one that is removed. The rifle can also build up to an overload explosion, especially when handled by unauthorized users.
On the Enterprise NX-01, Tucker has to dash down the corridor from the Armory to the Transporter and manually beam a captured rifle off the ship when he cannot stop the overload process after trying to test-fire it.