- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
An innocuous-looking plant native to the planet Phylos. Although this plant appears to be as harmless as a dandelion, it can bite, injecting its victim with a deadly toxic compound that even Starfleet medicines such as dylovene cannot neutralize. Lieutenant Sulu of the U.S.S. Enterprise nearly died after suffering a retlaw bite during a survey mission on Phylos on stardate 5554.4 (2269), and had to rely on the medicine of the native Phylosians to be cured of the plant's toxins.