- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Requiem for Methuselah
- Episode List
- Next Episode
Cloud Minders, The
- Previous Episode
Lights of Zetar, The
Rigellian fever, an extremely deadly plague, strikes the U.S.S. Enterprise crew. Kirk, Spock and McCoy beam down to a supposedly uninhabited planet, Holberg 917-G, in search of the only known antidote, ryetalyn. To their surprise, they encounter Flint and his daughter, Rayna. Not pleased to have visitors, Flint orders his robot to gather and process ryetalyn, while the three officers are entertained by his daughter. Due to the robot contaminating the first batch of antidote, McCoy tells it another must be made. In the meantime, Kirk and Rayna have become attracted to each other, to Flint's jealous objection.
Spock has discovered, to his puzzlement, old masterpieces on modern supplies, i.e. a da Vinci painting done with modern oils on new canvas and an unknown Brahms waltz, written on new paper. Flint explains that he is an immortal, who wandered the Earth for centuries in various personas, including Brahms and da Vinci. He came to this planet to retire in peace and built the "Rayna" android as his companion. He had hoped that her involvement with Kirk would speed up her emotional growth, but now he has become hopelessly jealous. Not understanding such intense emotions, Rayna short-circuits and "dies."
The landing party takes the ryetalyn and returns to the Enterprise. McCoy tells them that Flint, too, will soon perish because what made him immortal was the atmosphere of Earth. Leaving it robbed him of that power.
In a surprisingly compassionate gesture, Spock uses a Vulcan mind touch to erase the painful memories of Rayna from Kirk's mind.
$12.95 $7.99Buy Now
Related News Articles
- "Strange New Worlds" Photonovel Available Tomorrow
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Wine Stoppers, Cookie Jar And Clock
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Shot Glasses for December
- One Trek Mind: Could The Vulcan Nerve Pinch Really Work?
- FIRST LOOK (AND HEAR): Vulcan Harp App for iPad
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Tees For December
- FIRST LOOK: Juan Ortiz Original Series Art Prints For December