- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A soft-sided creature, typically about six inches long with a long, slim forked end, used by organic Denobulan healers like Phlox for internal treatments to cleanse the humanoid lymphatic system with no side effects. He only has about a half-dozen in a reddish slime in his Sickbay menagerie during the Xindi mission, kept in a clear canister; they are hard to replace. During the elaborate futuristic ruse to win Degra's trust initially, Phlox and Archer implant one in Degra's left arm to reinforce a story that the worms are used as "truth serum" by the Xindi-Insectoids, thanks to the mucous liquid they secrete when injected under the skin.