- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Flying reptiles which existed from Earth's Triassic period to the end of the Cretaceous period, pterodactyls are properly called "pterosaurs." In 2269 (stardate 5143.3), when the starship Enterprise returns to the "shore leave" amusement park planet, a landing party is threatened by two attacking pterodactyls. Deep bluish in color, with purple underside of their wings, these pterodactyls are mechanical constructs, like the other "lifeforms" on the planet.