- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A Federation instrument used to scan and record past memories. In 2267, Captain Kirk ordered a 24-hour regressive memory test using a psychotricorder on Engineer Montgomery Scott after he was accused of murder while planet-side on Argelius II. The test was abruptly halted, however, when the psych technician, Karen Tracy, was the second to be murdered by the malevolent entity occupying Engineer Scott's body.