- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Near the Romulan Neutral Zone, an unknown energy field encountered by the Enterprise in 2270 (stardate 3183.3) is full of highly charged subatomic particles. Those particles "infect" ships' computers and create practical jokes. Although the Enterprise manages to rid itself of the particles, three Romulan ships are not as lucky.