- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A Constitution-class Federation starship named for the Russian military officer Grigory Alexandrovitch Potemkin (1739-1791), Starfleet registry number NCC-1657.
On stardate 4729.4 (2268) the Potemkin was one of five ships involved in wargames with Dr. Richard Daystrom's M-5 multitronic computer system, recently installed aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. Unlike the U.S.S. Excalibur, the Potemkin survived the disastrous test.
On stardate 5928.5 (2269), the Potemkin was scheduled to rendezvous with the Enterprise at Beta Aurigae for a joint scientific survey of that binary star system. Captain Kirk had to postpone this meeting, diverting the Enterprise instead to Camus II to investigate a distress call.
On stardate 6334.1 (2270), the Potemkin delivered a cargo of the life-saving drug strobolin to the freighter S.S. Huron in the hopes of saving the life of the Enterprise's Commander Spock; unfortunately, a raid by Orion pirates on Huron forced Captain Kirk to obtain the medicine by other means.
On stardate 9561.2 (2293), the Potemkin was surveying the edge of Klingon space, and was one of the vessels tapped to support a clandestine rescue of Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy from imprisonment on Rura Penthe.
The Constitution-class Potemkin was eventually replaced by a vessel of the newer Excelsior class (NCC-18253).
Related News Articles
- "Strange New Worlds" Photonovel Available Tomorrow
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Wine Stoppers, Cookie Jar And Clock
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Shot Glasses for December
- One Trek Mind: Could The Vulcan Nerve Pinch Really Work?
- FIRST LOOK (AND HEAR): Vulcan Harp App for iPad
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Tees For December
- FIRST LOOK: Juan Ortiz Original Series Art Prints For December