- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A Vulcan term for their mating cycle.
Every seven years, the adult Vulcan undergoes an extreme and erratic physical and psychological imbalance, which can be fatal if the mating ritual is not carried out.
When Spock underwent Pon farr in 2267, the U.S.S. Enterprise journeyed to Vulcan, where his betrothed mate chose another champion to fight for her — Captain Kirk. Only after McCoy deceived Spock by injecting Kirk with a substance that simulated death did Spock return to his normal, logical demeanor.
Certain agents have been known to accelerate the Pon farr. For example, T'Pol found herself undergoing the Pon farr prematurely after being exposed to foreign microbes on an away mission in 2153.
Related News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TOS Composer Gerald Fried
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- STO Guest Blog: Feature Episodes Rerun
- Nimoy Beaming To Big Apple This Weekend for Staging of His One-man Show, Vincent
- Where Will You Park Your Cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey?
- FIRST LOOK: Comic-Con Exclusive Shatner/Trek-Twilight Zone Bobble Head Set
- Shatner To Guest Star on Live Episode of Hot in Cleveland