- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Michael Piller was co-creator/executive producer of Star Trek: Voyager; co-creator/creative consultant of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; and served as executive producer of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
With Piller and Executive Producer Rick Berman at the helm of the series, Star Trek: The Next Generation became the first syndicated series in this decade to receive an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Drama. Also, under the supervision of Piller and Executive Producer/Creator Rick Berman, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine set ratings history when it became the highest-rated series premiere in syndication history.
An Emmy Award-winning journalist, Piller began his broadcasting career with CBS News in New York. He subsequently served as managing editor of the WBTV-TV News in Charlotte, North Carolina, and senior news producer at WBBM-TV, the CBS affiliate in Chicago.
A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, his first position in entertainment television was as a censor in the CBS docudrama unit. Piller then spent two years as a programming executive before leaving CBS to write full-time.
Piller's credits as a writer-producer included the series Simon & Simon, Cagney & Lacey, Miami Vice, Probe and Hard Time on Planet Earth. In addition, he co-created and executive produced the syndicated series Group One Medical and the United Paramount Network series Legend. Piller's last projects were a long-running TV adaptation of "Stephen King's The Dead Zone" and the series Wildfire, which co-starred Nana Visitor of Deep Space Nine.
Michael Piller passed away November 1, 2005, after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TNG Guest Star Wendy Hughes, 1952-2014
- Poll Says Favorite Trek Supporting Character Is...
- Trek Stars Collide In New Play
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1