- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Starfleet handheld energy weapon in use since circa 2266. The Phaser Type-1 was commonly used when a show of force was not appropriate, such as in first contact and other off-ship missions involving diplomacy. Like other phasers, the Type-1 -- also referred to as a hand phaser -- can be adjusted to various settings such as stun, heat, disrupt and overload.
Early in their use, the Type-1 of the 2260s through 2290s could be attached to a pistol grip for added range and stability for aiming. This combined unit is referred to as a Phaser Type-2.