- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The big-screen comedian and playwright-producer behind the many outrageously moralistic faces of the Madea comedy series is the latest celebrity seen on-screen in Star Trek, but Tyler Perry says he is in Star Trek 2009 more due to his appreciation of director J.J. Abrams’ work than as a longtime “Trekkie”—though that may change now, he says. Perry’s cameo portrayal as Admiral Barnett—the name comes from his podium plaque—is the Starfleet Academy superintendent who both censures and then promotes young James T. Kirk during the Nero crisis. It’s Perry’s first-ever role outside his own productions.