- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Simon Pegg, who plays Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the "alternate reality" timeline of Star Trek that premiered in 2009, was born in Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England. After studying English literature and performance studies at Stratford-upon-Avon College and drama at the University of Bristol, he moved to London to work as a stand-up comedian. Soon he was appearing on numerous television shows.
His breakthrough came when Pegg created and co-wrote the hit sitcom Spaced, known for its quirky humor, pop culture references, eclectic musical choices and rapid-fire editing. His television credits include the BBC shows Final Demand, Doctor Who, and Big Train, and voices for Robot Chicken. Pegg co-wrote (with Edgar Wright) and starred in the motion picture Shaun of the Dead, which lived up to its billing as a “romantic zombie comedy,” winning six awards, including the Peter Sellers Award for comedy (presented by the London Evening Standard). He co-starred in the Steven Spielberg/Tom Hanks mini-series Band of Brothers and appeared in the films Mission: Impossible III, The Big Nothing and The Good Night. Pegg reprised his success with Edgar Wright in the feature Hot Fuzz, which opened as the number one film in the U.K. box office. He followed that with Run, Fatboy, Run, which also opened in the top spot in the U.K.
Just prior to his appearance as Scotty in Star Trek, he starred in How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, with Kirsten Dunst, Megan Fox, Gillian Anderson, Danny Huston and Jeff Bridges. He has since voiced the character Buck in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and stars in the features Burke and Hare, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, Paul, Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol, and A Fantastic Fear of Everything.
Related News Articles
- The Alien That Fans Most Wanted To See Is...
- GUEST BLOG: Shall We Begin? Anovos & Portland Trekkers Say YES
- Star Trek Into Darkness Beamed Up $22 Million On Friday
- Star Trek Into Darkness Box Office Update
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Damon Lindelof
- STID: IMAX Box Office Results & New Music Featurette
- Check Out Cumberbatch Interview on Entertainment Tonight