- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A starship used as a testbed for many of the features that went into the design of Galaxy-class starships.
It was Commander Riker's first assignment, as an idealistic ensign under then-Captain Pressman. In 2358, those two, and only seven others, fled into escape pods when the ship was lost — although a faked story of a core breach by some in Starfleet Intelligence covered up that it had been a failed test of a covertly developed phasing cloak, which was outlawed by the Treaty of Algeron in 2310. Those responsible were court-martialed once the secret was revealed when the ship was rediscovered years later in the Devolin system on stardate 47457.1.
The vessel was named for Greek mythology's famous winged horse who is supposed to have sprung from the severed neck of Medusa.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TNG Guest Star Wendy Hughes, 1952-2014
- Poll Says Favorite Trek Supporting Character Is...
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman