- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A medication which simulates death in an individual. This drug causes a cessation of detectable heartbeat and respiration in a humanoid patient, creating the appearance of death. A close examination, however, would reveal the ruse. Neural paralyzers can be fatal if not treated in a timely manner. However, a full recovery is possible and likely if patient receives medical treatment in time. While on Vulcan in 2267 for Spock's Pon farr ceremony, Doctor Leonard McCoy injected the weakened Captain Kirk with a neural paralyzer, which allowed Spock to win his unhappy challenge against his friend, Captain Kirk, without actually killing him. The Captain was revived only after being beamed back on board the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701.