- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A potentially and often fatal failure of the entire neurological system in a humanoid. Neural metaphasic shock was found to be the cause of death of a crash victim from the Yorkshire-class U.S.S. Denver NCC-54927. This death did not directly follow the crash, but occurred only after Doctor Toby Russell treated him with borathium, an unauthorized drug.