- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
One of the elements that, when combined with others, allows the sightless eU.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D's Engineer to see. The neural implants function as the bioelectrical interface between Chief Engineer Geordi La Forge's visual cortex and his VISOR. They consist of two bilateral implants in the temporal regions of La Forge's skull and feed directly into the visual cortex. A portion of the implants must remain external to allow for the direct connection of the VISOR to Chief Engineer La Forge's head.