- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Origin: unspecified. A sporocystian life-form dubbed "Caretaker," capable of holographic projection and matter manipulation on a huge scale, was abandoned by his mate when he began a lifelong project of caring out of guilt for the Ocampa people whose planetary surface had been destroyed accidentally by their technology. The couple had originally been left behind to fix the damage out of a larger exploratory party. After bringing dozens of alien crews to the area in recent months — including Voyager and Chakotay's Maquis ship — in a valiant search for viable procreation mates once he knows he's dying, he resigns himself to his demise and builds up the Ocampa's power supply to a five-year supply. Upon death, it becomes a small rock-like mass.
Ten month's later, the U.S.S. Voyager made contact with an Array similar to the Caretaker's, populated by Ocampa. Their guardian was Suspiria, the female mate of the Caretaker. Their species is known as the Nacene.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: Voyager Fine Art Prints
- Memoir, Charity Lunch, Indie Film and Orange All On Mulgrew's Schedule
- New Official Star Trek Starships Collection Ships Unveiled
- Poll Says Star Trek Character With The Best Facial Hair Is....
- Poll Says Your Favorite Trek Cliffhanger Is...
- Set Phasers To Cute For Star Trek Onesies
- FIRST LOOK, Part 2: Trek Stars In Unbelievable!!!!!