- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Michael Okuda is a line producer for CBS Paramount's remastered version of the original Star Trek series. Along with Dave Rossi and Denise Okuda, Mike supervises visual effects on the remastered original series episodes. Mike also served as Star Trek's graphic art supervisor. As such, he was responsible for control panels, signage, alien written languages, computer readout animation, and many other strange things. Mike worked on four Star Trek television series and seven Star Trek movies. His efforts have been recognized with three Emmy nominations for Best Visual Effects. His other credits include "The Flight of the Intruder," The West Wing, and the pilot episode of Threshold.
For NASA, Mike designed emblems for Projects Constellation, Ares, and Orion, which are spearheading the space agency's new effort to return to the Moon, then to send astronauts to Mars and beyond. He also designed a commemorative emblem honoring the fallen astronauts of Apollo 1, Challenger, and Columbia. That emblem now hangs on the wall in Mission Control, in Houston.
Mike served as a technical consultant to the writing staff of Star Trek and is coauthor of the "Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual." He has recently written the text for Pocket Books' new coffee-table book, "Ships of the Line."
Mike graduated from Roosevelt High School in Honolulu and earned a BA in communications from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He is a member of IATSE Local 800 (Art Directors and Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists). Mike is a proponent of science education and he really wants to be the first graphic artist in space.
Samples of Mike's graphic design work can be seen here.
Mike is married to Denise Okuda.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TOS Guest Star Katherine Woodville, 1938-2013
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TOS Composer Gerald Fried
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- STO Guest Blog: Feature Episodes Rerun
- Nimoy Beaming To Big Apple This Weekend for Staging of His One-man Show, Vincent
- Where Will You Park Your Cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey?
- FIRST LOOK: Comic-Con Exclusive Shatner/Trek-Twilight Zone Bobble Head Set