- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
New type of shield invented by the Ferengi scientist Dr. Reyga in 2369. A metaphasic shield is a series of overlapping low-level subspace fields, which causes the shielded object to partially exist within subspace itself. The first test of the new shielding was in 2369 when a shuttlecraft from the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D was outfitted with the shield and piloted into the corona of a nearby star. The test was apparently unsuccessful, but Dr. Beverly Crusher proved that the test had been sabotaged by the pilot as part of a plan to discredit Dr. Reyga and steal the shielding technology. A second test proved that the new shields did function correctly.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products