- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Genetically engineered viruses that destroy DNA of persons exposed to it. Metagenic viruses were designed to mutate rapidly, wipe out entire ecosystems within days, and then die out after a month. Those using such weapons could therefore slay entire planetary populations without destroying the planet's infrastructure. The major galactic powers, including the Federation, Ferengi, and Romulans agreed to treaties banning such weapons because of the danger they posed.
In 2369, Starfleet intelligence believed that the Cardassians were developing new metagenic weapons that would be delivered to their targets via theta-band subspace carrier waves, but this proved to be deliberate misinformation spread by the Cardassians.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products