- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Genetically engineered viruses that destroy DNA of persons exposed to it. Metagenic viruses were designed to mutate rapidly, wipe out entire ecosystems within days, and then die out after a month. Those using such weapons could therefore slay entire planetary populations without destroying the planet's infrastructure. The major galactic powers, including the Federation, Ferengi, and Romulans agreed to treaties banning such weapons because of the danger they posed.
In 2369, Starfleet intelligence believed that the Cardassians were developing new metagenic weapons that would be delivered to their targets via theta-band subspace carrier waves, but this proved to be deliberate misinformation spread by the Cardassians.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: TNG-themed iPhone Cases from PowerA
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...