- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A drug carried in McCoy's medical kit, Melanex causes brief unconsciousness and temporary skin discoloration. In 2269 (stardate 5591.2), 10 cc's of it is used on Spock, to fake an injury so that a rescue party on the "shore leave" amusement park planet can gain access to the underground bunkers where the Master Computer is housed. It does not change Spock's skin color.