- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The most distant human colony in the United Federation of Planets as of 2269, the planet Mantilles is located in the Pallas XIV system and is home to some 82 million humans. When Mantilles was threatened with annihilation by the vast, world-devouring entity known as the cosmic cloud on stardate 5371.3 (2269), Mantilles' highest elected leader, Governor (formerly Commodore) Robert Wesley worked desperately to mount an evacuation capable of saving only a few thousand of the colony's children. Fortunately, Captain Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise succeeded in contacting the cosmic cloud and persuaded it to leave without harming Mantilles or its inhabitants.