- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The fifth incarnation of the multitronic computer system, tested by Dr. Richard Daystrom in 2268 as his latest try at surpassing his own breakthrough duotronic system.
Like its predecessor models, this version carried a fatal flaw — Daystrom's use of his own neural engrams to make the leap in artificial intelligence required for the operating system to fully emulate a human mind.
Initially successful in a test aboard the U.S.S Enterprise, the M-5 caused the deaths of hundreds during combat trials and nearly caused the destruction of its test ship when it refused to surrender. Depending on Daystrom's sense of morality having survived the engrammatic impression, Enterprise's Captain James Kirk persuaded the unit to shut itself down when it was shown in a different vein that it had committed murder.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Wine Stoppers, Cookie Jar And Clock
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Shot Glasses for December
- One Trek Mind: Could The Vulcan Nerve Pinch Really Work?
- FIRST LOOK (AND HEAR): Vulcan Harp App for iPad
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Tees For December
- FIRST LOOK: Juan Ortiz Original Series Art Prints For December
- Bjo and John Trimble Remember Mark Lenard, Trek's Sarek