- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A melon-sized lifeform whose epidermal layer secretes a viral suppressant, kept by Phlox in his Sickbay menagerie for its use as a salve for cuts and bruises. In a controversial procedure not widely known off-world but within Phlox?s knowledge, the larvae is also capable of replicating another species? lifeform after the outsiders? DNA sample is implanted in it. The resulting lifeform is virtually a clone of the original, called a "mimetic simbiot," but it lives an at accelerated rate over a lifespan of around 15 days.