- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Conman Harcourt Fenton Mudd's "love potion," which he sells for 300 credits, is contained in a small bluish crystal. The liquid contained therein is supposed to be rubbed on the skin; when the person wearing it touches the person they desire, the other person falls in love with them. Immediately after rubbing it on the skin, it creates a momentary dizziness and lack of clarity. Fumes from the liquid can also be transported by air currents, as seen when the potion causes havoc aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise in 2269 (stardate 4978.5). The love effect is only temporary, after which several hours of intense dislike, and even hatred, replace the affection.