- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Daughter of Data. Data constructed this Soong-type android in 2366, basing much of her programming on himself (she also had a positronic brain, for example). Lal's programming quickly surpassed her father's, though — she even experienced emotions, such as love, fear and sadness. Guinan allowed Lal to work in Ten-Forward so that she could study socialization and humanoid behavior.
After hearing of this unauthorized experiment, Admiral Haftel ordered Data to turn Lal over to the Daystrom Institute annex, but Data felt that it was his responsibility to care for Lal. Before this issue could be resolved, Lal experienced a fatal system-wide failure after experiencing an overwhelming range of emotions. Though Haftel joined Data in attempting to repair Lal, their efforts were fruitless, and the android shut down. Data transferred Lal's memories to his own brain.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: New Products From Diamond Select Toys
- Happy Picard Day!
- Brent Spiner Plays Himself On This Week's Episode of Wendell & Vinnie
- Creation's Boston Convention: Day Two Recap
- Creation's Boston Convention: Day One Recap
- Creation Beaming Into Boston This Weekend With Shatner, Spiner, Visitor & More
- FIRST LOOK: Cromwell and Bujold Team Up For Still Mine